Monday, October 09, 2017

The Strip Mall Jesus and First Church of Perpetual Video

P1110320a
Typecast007

Post-Script: Inspiration for this short-short story, my submission for Typing Assignment No. 10, was from remnants of a dream I'd had, last week. It seems I've have episodic dreams over the years, set in the same or similar environs, that evolves over time as my life experience and employment changes. The dream I'm certain was based on a TV repair shop I'd worked in, decades ago, in a nearby strip mall, at the corner of Eubank and Menaul Blvds here in Albuquerque. While the owner of the shop wasn't exactly a messiah-type, mixed in this dream is also something to do with small storefront churches I've been in over the years.

Typed on my aunt's repaired-as-good-as-it's-gonna-get Royal 10, now situated on my office desk and ready to deliver back to Colorado, when I have the time and the weather cooperates.

How about you? Do you get inspired to write creatively from dreams? Perhaps this is another topic for the Typewriter Video Series. Hmm...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Bill M said...

I thought I was the only person who wrote about dreams. Dreams are fun to write about. I have a dream journal from Florida. No time to start one and write since the move though.

3:04 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Dreams are great fodder for stories. I have one or two recurring dreams over the years, usually quite similar but having small differences in some details.

You should make this into a short story or a serial

7:18 AM  
Blogger Richard P said...

Very vivid!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

Gotta be careful about writing down your dreams, God may take that as permission to send you Prophesy. Duly warned, still I dig this dream. Just don't write anything down that's told to you by anything that's on fire or has feathers and you should be safe. (:

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or maybe this was REAL and everything else is a dream?

6:35 PM  
Blogger Joe V said...

Alex: A serial would be fun, it's an interesting world with much potential to mine. I wonder what Stephen King's dreams are like ... hmm.

Richard: Yes, one of my more vivid recent dreams I've remembered after waking.

Ted: Thanks for the tip; I'll stay away from fire or feathers!

7:32 PM  
Blogger TokyoJAM said...

Wonderful. Reminds me of the video store scenes in I Am Legend. Haunting.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home